Sunday, February 6, 2011

etiquette; is this still a thing?

despite the fact that yesterday was a Saturday, it was pouring rain and I was completely not in the mood to do so, I met a friend's (male) friend for coffee. He was on time. By the end of the date punctuality would be his only attribute.

Gentlemen, here's a helpful word or two on first meeting a woman; don't stand at the coffee counter with your hands shoved so deeply in your pockets that others wonder if you're playing with yourself. And for fuck's sake, don't discuss your necrotic skin and all the difficulties associated with your psoriasis. 

Ordinarily I'd assume this was the calculated work of a disinterested guy. In this case I'd be wrong. I've already gotten a follow up email and voice mail informing me of what a nice time he had and sure it's late notice but do I want to get together to watch the Superbowl.

I ask you, what the hell is wrong with people?

1 comment:

 
My Amazon.com Wish List