Friday, February 4, 2011

and now a little financial softshoe

it's hard for me to wrap my mind around how much I work v. how much (much? no, not much at all, pennies!) I get paid. It seems to me that every time payroll rolls around, which is every other Friday, there is a new deduction my employer sucks out of my paycheck. A brief list of grievances;
  • they forgot to pay me the first 2 weeks
  • then they gave me a partial handwritten check
  • next payroll they deducted the taxes from the prior partial payment
  • then they retro-actively deducted health insurance (though thank god I have it)
  • then they discovered they overpaid me for a few hours and without telling me deducted it in bulk resulting in an unexpected $200+ drop in my already crap paycheck.
I knew when I accepted this job that the salary wasn't at all what I was shooting for. I just didn't think it could possibly be as meager as it is. So now I'm the ass who will already be looking for a way to up my salary. Namely, being offered another better paying position elsewhere that I can present to HR prepared to take the other job if HR doesn't bite. Awesome. That's how you want things to go in your first two months at a new job, right? Eek. So to up the ante on my assness, with the amazing Heather's help, I've added ads to this site in the hopes of generating anything extra for my sad little coffers. I get that they're not a necessarily attractive distraction, sorry. 

3 comments:

  1. Capitalism can be cruel but it can also be beneficial. Glad you are back to blogging ads and all! Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I hope to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your employer is making many government agencies look competent and efficient.

    ReplyDelete

 
My Amazon.com Wish List