Monday, March 14, 2011

god how I hate the Spice Girls

there are the things you say out loud and the things you wouldn't dare. And we know which things are which.

OMG! Your baby is gorgeous!
Holy shit, your baby girl/boy looks exactly like your husband/wife and damn if that's not a good look on a girl/boy. Sure, you be the one to tell someone their baby girl looks Harvey Fierstein or their son is the splitting image of Roseanne Barr.

That said, while my parents have been asking what I want for my birthday I hear myself rather reasonably responding; "an iPhone". To my brothers; "a gift certificate at the salon I go to would be great, I'm dying for a cut". I do, I want those things, quite badly even. But (Spice Girls) what I really, really want are flowers from a guy that I could genuinely see myself talking to for the next 40 years or so. I'm not quite sure where the flowers part comes from (but the heart wants what it wants?).

**
I can't ask for the new Trish McEvoy perfume I've been dying to try, or my favorite candle, because the awesomely wonderful Hank already took care of that for me. I know the nicest people, thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. You're worth that and a gizzilion times more - please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris in MississippiMarch 22, 2011 at 12:40 AM

    "...what I really, really want are flowers from a guy that I could genuinely see myself talking to for the next 40 years or so."

    I've always said, "Conversational ability is key to a long term relationship. Because you can look like a Victoria's Secret model but at some point we're going to attempt a conversation and I can't fake that kind of interest."

    ReplyDelete

 
My Amazon.com Wish List