Tuesday, March 1, 2011

a moment of grace

yesterday, as I was leaving my office building and walking towards the bus to go home I suddenly found myself sideways. Then face down. Since I'm quite lithe and graceful it all went exactly like a well planned reenactment of Black Swan. Slightly more so the crazy and delusional parts, maybe not so much the grace and poise parts. Such is the life of a ballerina. My first thought, while lying on the sidewalk and seeing two pairs of legs pass me (one sort of stepping over me) was; holy fuck. I did it. With this fall I achieved invisibility! I fell but no one sees me. The first Jewish chick with a superpower. You can imagine how excited I was.

"Oh my god, are you ok?"

Briefly. Fuck. So I'm not invisible (not fair). I'm just lying on the sidewalk with a throbbing knee/ankle/elbow/wrist. Well doesn't that seem normal?

1 comment:

  1. Saw the bruising on facebook just now. #ouch Hope it heals fast. Ah, to have invisibility...not sure I would choose that particular power...although it does have its merits.

    ReplyDelete

 
My Amazon.com Wish List